Organise the Perfect Hen Party
Whether you’re organising a hen party for yourself or you’re in charge of making your best friends or sisters’ hen do one to remember it can be a daunting task. Not only do you have to think about the different ages in the group (including the soon-to-be mother in law!), but also people have different views on what makes a good time. Here at LoveSpin we know all there is to know about organising hen parties, on average we do at least two hen parties a weekend and having been recent brides and bridesmaids ourselves we know firsthand the fun and stresses of organising a unique hen party! Here are our top tips...
- Talk to the bride – you need to know who she wants to invite, an idea of budget, what sort of thing she’d enjoy, how long she wants to go for and what she really doesn’t want to do!
It’s too easy to run away with yourself and plan things you’d like but the bride to be is the most important person in all this so you need to listen to her.
- Get organised – there’s nothing worse than a badly organised hen party, lots of girls not knowing what’s going on will only end in tears! Email and facebook are ideal to keep in contact with everyone and set deadlines for things like money. Give bridesmaids their own jobs so no one is stepping on anybody’s toes.
- Money – know your budget; keep it down as much as you can, as much as people want to enjoy themselves being frivolous with their money will cause resentments. LoveSpin offer affordable activities that can be booked with a deposit of just £5 per person, then the full balance doesn’t need to be paid until a week before the party, giving everyone enough time to save up.
- Theme – does the bride want a theme or fancy dress? Or if you want to keep it a surprise is there an idea that suits the bride to be perfectly? Make sure any themes are easy to source, not too expensive and everyone knows about it as soon as possible
- Get Active – not everyone will know each other so a brilliant way to get them chatting is to organise a fun activity. Who wouldn’t love a Roller Disco Party, Pole Dancing, Burlesque, Cocktail Masterclass, Retrotastic Party or a Pin Up Pamper Session? Even if some can’t get involved (there is always a chance there will be a pregnant friend!) they can still take pictures and laugh at everyone! A fun activity will have everyone laughing and reminiscing for evermore.
- A bed for the night – make sure where you are staying is all booked and you have confirmed with the bride who she suggests sleeps in whose rooms, you don’t want any conflicts!
- Final Details – make sure everyone knows all the final details, its best to have these all written down so they can print them off if they wish
Quick Look Checklist
- Speak to the Hen – decide dates, activity, guest list
- Choose City
- Choose Theme
- Choose Activity
- Set Budget
- Invite everyone with all initial details to get an idea of who will be coming
- Get deposits from everyone – I’d suggest doing this before anything gets booked you don’t want to be out of pocket!
- Book Activity – book early to ensure you get the dates and times you want
- Book Accommodation
- Arrange travel
- Ensure you have a plan for the evening as well- even if you don’t want to stick to it 100% its best to have a plan in place
- Get all monies from everyone
- Pay final balances for activities and accommodation
- Contact everyone with final details- meeting times, travel arrangements etc
For any help with planning the perfect hen party contact us